Monday 18 July 2011

.The Only Way Is Blogging.
..the first ever TOWIB event..

I just want to do a quick post about the TOWIB event that happened on Saturday!  It was organised by LondonBeautyQueen and was a chance for bloggers to meet each other, find out some info on a few brands and also get some advice on the sometimes confusing world of blogging!

There was a makeover demonstration by Katie Jane Hughes using MUA makeup which I stupidly missed down to my own lazy, hungover, saturday self, and partly the horrid weather!  But there are some gorgeous pictures on SuperGorgeous's blog so go and have a look there!

I got there half way through the talk with a skincare expert from Dove, explaining some things about dove as a brand and also talking us through some of the products that were there, we got given a conditioner which I'm interested to try so look out for a review on that!

Please excuse my bad picture quality, my iphone can't cope with dim lighting but I'm investing in a proper camera very soon so you won't have to put up with this for much longer promise!

Next up was a Q&A with BritishBeautyBlogger, ReallyRee and LondonBeautyQueen which was probably my favourite part of the day as they were all so helpful, honest and interesting!  I was genuinely fascinated and could have listened to them all talk for hours!!  Also I wish I'd written some questions down as I realised I had so much more I wanted to ask them after I left!

Sorry, terrible pic again but just so you can at least have a nosey.

After the Q&A it was ReallyRee's turn to tell us about Laurens Way self tan and do a mini demo, this was great as I have been desperate to try this tan and hear all about it for ages, plus Ree is such a lovely lady so the whole experience was very fun!  And just as SuperGorgeous (Alice) mentioned on her blog post, the most interesting fact of the day for me, had to be that the DHA's in the self tanner actually react with the bacteria on your skin to create the tanned colour, so if you haven't just stepped out of the shower and don't have the cleanest skin in the world then this isn't a bad thing if you want a deeper tan because the more bacteria on your skin, the darker the colour will go!!  No more pre tan showering for me then haha.




I had such fun (in the words of Miranda's mother) and I'm so glad I made it down, go and follow TOWIB's blog and twitter for updates on when the next one is (i think its 15th October) and I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Thanks for reading and I have super guilt bags about this shoddy photography so please forgive me, I promise to do better next time!

x Lucy x




2 comments:

  1. Hello hun! Was there on Saturday, gutted didn't get a chance to meet you! Had a great time, really looking forward to the next one! Hopefully by then I'll pluck up the courage to talk to everyone! :)

    Love Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I know there wasnt much time to talk and stuff, hopefully meet you again soon though! x

    ReplyDelete