Friday 10 February 2012

I'm back an in need of a spruce up...

I'm not sure if 'spruce' is even a real word, and if it is, how on earth you spell it, but it definitely sums up what needs to be done to my beauty regime at the moment!  I'm sure its obvious from the last post why I haven't blogged for bleedin' centuries, but I am back from my travels now and just about settling back in to 'normal' life.  As it turns out, I'm really missing my little blog, and lack there of...

So I thought I would post all the products that are helping me get back on track and not feel like someone that should be living in a jungle.  Over the last few months I could literally count on two hands the amount of times I have worn makeup, and even then its been minimal!  For me this was a strange and unfamiliar situation to be in, but I quickly got used to it!  A combination of 35 degree heat, living out of a suitcase and not seeing a single person you know for three months would do it to the best of us I'm sure.  Getting back to reality has shocked me in to my old ways of wearing makeup where ever I go but the great influence my 'three months without' has had on me is that I haven't yet worn foundation and have kept it pretty minimal else where...lets see how long that lasts!

I'm living half the week in London and half the week in Bristol at the moment, which is pretty tiring but also the best of both worlds for me!  When I'm in London I pass through Liverpool St Station a lot, and have been resisting the calls of the massive Boots there like a very well behaved young lady, but on Tuesday it got the better of me.  I bought a load of crap (obviously) but a couple of products that I did actually 'need' were these...



It took about two months until I even started to tan while I was away, but then I was being very sensible with SPF and we also had a couple of weeks with no sun at all, even so, who goes to South East Asia for three months and come back pastey??  Unless you're wearing factor 50 the whole time because you burn or suit being a paley, coming back ghostly, to me, is just unacceptable.  So eventually I got right on it with a lower factor and lots of sunbathing towards the end (bad, I know but its only the second time in my life I've ever really been hardcore with the sunbathing) and to my relief, I started to turn!  I ended up with a reasonable colour by the end, and bloody loved it but now I have to endure the next few (painful) months watching it fade :( 
My face, is going first, hence the Soltan purchase.  I have heard people rave about this stuff for the body so thought I would give the face one a go...I used it last night and I have woken up exactly the same colour.  Not what I look for in a fake tan!  If you used to read my blog last year, you will know I like to be just below tangoed - very dark, but definitely acceptable.  Anyway I'll give it a chance and use it a few more times and see what happens.  Im keen to try the Clarins one Vivianna uses.

Godddd, I'm babbling!

Secondly I have NOT been looking after my hair, although I didn't use a hairdryer for three months, I also didn't condition it for three months....arrgghhh! I hear some of you cry.  I know, I'm not sure what I was thinking but lazy traveller ways took over and I do now, have quite long hair but its also DRY and lank.  Oopsie...operation hair spruce up is underway don't worry and I really like the Botanics Leave in Volumising Conditioner!  I sprayed it liberally all through my hair, rough dried it upside down and got a lot of volume and it felt really thick!  Nice work Botanics.  Obviously I do need a good trim but in the mean time, I've been relying on My Bumble and Bumble Deeep mask every few days and also this...


But after reading Laura and Gemma's posts on hair oils, I think this may be one of the ones full of silicone, so while its making my hair look and smell beautiful, its not actually repairing it and for something that has 'Healing' and 'Treatment' in the title AND costs about £30, I'd expect it to be up for a little repairing action...I only know this from reading the ingredients and trying to decipher the long scientific words so I could be very wrong, if you know, please enlighten me!

That is the most rambling, boring and long post ever so my deepest apologies.  I obviously needed to get it out of my system.  The next in the series of 'spruce up' posts will be much more interesting I promise!

Thank you for reading x



No comments:

Post a Comment