Tuesday 21 August 2012

Affordable treats

I have often seen Montagne Jeunesse face masks but never actually tried one.  I feel slightly snobby saying I was probably put off by the affordable price tag, which seems silly but when it comes to skin care, the products that work, generally tend to come at a more high end cost.  I was recently asked if I would like to try some out and as they are pregnancy friendly I thought I would give them a go!

This Travel Pack is designed to be taken away with you to treat yourself whilst you are on holiday, but these products are equally nice to try out in the comfort of your own bathroom!

Montagne Jeunesse Travel Pack




It comes with two body wash sachet's, a foot cooler, a purifying face mask, a body scrub and a hair mask.

I have so far tried the Orange Body Wash, which has a very strong, tangy orange smell.  If you like the smell of orange you will love it, which personally I do and it felt very invigorating.  You also get more than enough for one showers worth in a sachet.

I also tried the Passion Peel Off mask which I was a little hesitant to try as I have very fussy skin.  It claims to deeply cleanse your skin, leaving it with a radiant glow, it also has added antioxidants to protect.  The first thing I noticed was the lovely sweet, fruity smell, not hugely natural smelling but very appealing.  Make sure you tie your hair back well, as it has a very sticky gel consistency, also don't apply too much as it wont dry properly.  I left it on for around 20 minutes, it felt really cooling on, which was lovely as it was a hot day so I can imagine this would be lovely on holiday.  It was really fun to peel off and left my skin feeling very clean and looking bright and fresh.  I have to say I was pleasantly surprised!  I would avoid any extreme dry areas on the face but over all this felt really gentle.

The last thing I have tried was the Intensive Spa hair masque which claims to repair and condition.  It smells very strongly of Lime which is nice for a morning bath or shower, but I found there wasn't enough product for my hair which is long but very fine.  The consistency of the masque didn't feel as thick as I would have expected and was hard to spread evenly.  It has, however, left the ends of my hair feeling quite soft, so it has done more than I thought it would!

I am looking forward to trying the Foot Cooler which can apparently be used anywhere on the body.  It is creamy when applied and quickly turns in to a soft powder, sounds strange and interesting at the same time!  I am going to save it for a day when my pregnant feet feel all hot and swollen.

Over all I think this is a great little selection of products if you are going away for a long weekend or you just like trying out new things.  It retails for £5 and it available at www.montagnejeunesse.com







1 comment:

  1. Loving this idea, always tempted to pick some up!
    thanks
    :)

    ReplyDelete